Tuesday, March 6, 2012

David's Restaurant

One of the "causes" that I have aligned myself with over the past few years is the Maine Children's Cancer Program (MCCP) at the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at Maine Medical Center.  I met with Tim Boynton, (Program Development Coordinator at MMC and a new friend) today for lunch at David's to discuss some potential ideas on fundraising, AND to enjoy a fabulous lunch!

The last time I was here (too long ago) was with Kate and her parents for dinner.   We had a great time and were delighted by the food, ambiance and service.  Today was no exception, even though it was lunch and not dinner.

I am always impressed with any restaurant that is capable of delivering a full-service meal within the time constraints that typically accompany the luncheon time frame that its customers require.  David's is no exception to this rule.  In fact, I'd have to say that the kitchen here not only delivers in a timely fashion, but executes with the deliberateness and quality of a great dinnertime service.  Kudos!

I recently got an ear full from my personal care physician about how loosing an additional 10 pounds would make my life so much better, so I really tried to keep that in mind while ordering.  (Thanks George!)

I ordered the 2-course pre-fix Restaurant week lunch special and chose the following items:  Arugula salad and Exotic Mushroom ravioli, forgoing dessert for a coffee later as I wrote this blog.

The salad was beautiful and I have included a photo of it for your enjoyment.  The Arugula was dressed with blue cheese, black currants, sliced red onion and spiced pecans and layered as neatly as can be imagined on the center of the plate in the fashion of a birds nest, neatly stacked and truly tasty!  Textures abounded in this salad as the crisp, bitter arugula blended wonderfully with the crunchy texture of the pecans and the chewiness of the currants.  Absolutely delightful to all of ones senses.


Next, I had the Wild mushroom ravioli.  Hand-made raviolis with exotic forest mushrooms, ricotta cheese, leeks, shallots, oven-dried tomato, arugula, goat cheese, Madeira sauce and truffle oil.  Oh-Boy!  The flavor of the mushrooms was intense and terrific!  It would be easy to overpower the normally delicate flavors of mushrooms with cheeses and assorted onions, but this dish delivered a BIG surprise to my taste buds.  Again, I could go on and on about how delicious this dish was, so I'll just let you see how good it was and let you go to David's to taste it for yourself!


Lunch doesn't get much better than this folks!

Aren't we all just lucky to live in or near a city that has so many terrific restaurants, talented chefs and diversified options available to us!?

Well Done David's!!!  I will definitely be back for more soon (with friends)!

Cheers for now,

~Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment